Questions for the author:
Answer these questions in general:
- How do you make yourself want to write?
- How do you create authentic characters instead of generic ones?
- How do you keep readers reading?
Answer this specifically in regard to the workshop manuscript:
- What are you looking for feedback/help on?
- What story/message/etc are you trying to tell?
- What are you hoping the reader gets from your story?
- Who do you think your audience would be?
Questions for the reader:
Overall story experience:
- How does the title contribute to the story experience?
- Does the movement of the story feel organic?
- How does the transformation depict the 5 story elements?
- Is the story being told or revealed?
- How does the setting contribute to the overall experience?
- What do the characters in this story want?
- Does the story have life such as a transformation in the life of the character?
- What makes the characters relatable? If not relatable, how does that impact the story?
- Was there anything that seemed out of place/character?
- What does the character learn/change? If not, why not?
- Where does the story tension come from?
- Is story pacing intention? Effective?
- Consider the end. What about it satisfying? Is anything missing?
- Why does the story matter?